Thursday, September 11, 2008

Trouble Starts with "T"

Last Thursday I went to pick Reagan up from school. As I approached his hook and shelf where they keep their lunch bags and backpacks, I noticed a large ziploc bag full of wet clothes. Not just a pair of shorts - the works - shirt, pants, underwear and socks. Down the hall I could see Reagan at the water fountain in his "extra set of clothes" outfit (see photo). Terror! I hated to think of what might have happened. Wet his pants...or worse?? DREAD! I saw one of his teachers and sheepishly approached her. I just knew she was the poor thing that had to wash out my child's soiled clothes and would from now on refer to Reagan as the "dirty one" during dinner time work stories with her family. I asked what happened - if there was an "accident".

Much to my relief, she said when it rains the sandbox outside gets wet and today at outdoor play Reagan and a few of his buddies thought it would be fun to play in it. I was SO glad to hear my kid had wallered around like a pig in his sty at recess. My next distress came when I went to collect Reagan and noticed his BRAND NEW school shoes were soaking wet and brown. (They had been dry and grey).

On the way home I tried to turn it into a teachable moment, remembering that the letter of the week was "T". I added two more words to his list: terror and TROUBLE.


No comments: