
My mom came by for a visit Monday. We had a good time playing with the boys and hearing about her recent vacation. When it was time to go, we walked her to the car. We said our goodbyes and headed back into the garage when I saw something slither past my foot. There was a snake in the garage. I went running back to my mom's car and beat on the windows - "Snake! Snake!" She jumped out and after we clung to each other in the driveway for a moment, we decided it needed to die. The complication - we were both in sandals and the snake was parked in front of all my garden tools (or "killing tools" as I kept calling them for some reason). The only other thing we could find was a hatchet. She grabbed John's work gloves and the hatchet and charged towards the snake. She lifted it in the air, horror movie style, and stood there hovering over the snake for what seemed like an eternity. I just knew that thing was going to strike her bare and vulnerable feet. Crikey! She let down a swift chop and off with his head! We jumped up and down and celebrated in the driveway. It was pretty grizzly, but she had cut the snake right below the head. Very impressive! So, our thanks to Nana. Snake Slayer and our hero!
No comments:
Post a Comment