Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ryan's First Birthday

Last weekend we celebrated Ryan's first birthday. We had family over for lunch and cupcakes and cheered Ryan on as he ate cake and opened gifts. I don't think anyone had any doubts that Ryan would enjoy digging into his birthday cake. As soon as I sat the cake down, there was no hesitation!



I ordered a multi-color cake with a big, red "1" on the top. When I went to pick it up, this is what they handed me, except there was a big number sign next to the one (#1) - like Ryan had taken first place in a competition. With the second child, you can laugh at these things.


Attacking before I can even get the cake settled.

I don't think he needs any help with this one, Reagan.

Note Reagan's fingers coming in from the side.



Big fan of the cake - nasty, blue icing and all.




Happy Birthday Ryan! We love you and when it comes to one year olds - you are #1!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Cannot believe your baby is 1! That is just too insane and even more insane that I have never met him. Sniff, sniff. One of these days, girl!! We miss y'all and give those boys a squeeze from us. Happy birthday, Ryan!