Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy New Year!

New Year's Eve we went to some friends' house to grill and let the kids pop firecrackers. It was really cold, but the kids didn't seem to mind. We were exhausted when we got home and all went to bed long before the crystal ball dropped. I think this is the first year I did not make it to midnight. I actually considered staying up with Ryan Seacrest and friends, but decided I was really tired and there was really no point and no one to impress. Not sure if this means I am maturing or just getting old and boring.
John had New Year's Day off and we went and bought MORE firecrackers and had our friends Kristen and Rich over for more grilling and pyrotechnic displays. Most of you know that Reagan is not fond of loud noises and before we lit each firecracker he would be sure to ask, "Is this a loud one?" and would take proper measures. He is also all about safety and would make sure we were all a safe distance from the flames and popping. A future hall monitor in the making.

Happy New Year!

This party is getting wild!

"And surely you’ll buy your pint cup !
And surely I’ll buy mine !
And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne. "

Playing with the new Batcave. A crowd favorite.

Snacking while Reagan tries out his new soccer goal.



GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!

We went through MANY boxes of poppers. Nice form, Reagan!

Kristen, Reagan and Rich watching the show - at a safe distance.



Danger!

WOW!


No comments: