Friday, December 23, 2011

"Gingerbread" Houses and Ham

Yesterday we tried to cram in all the Christmas activities we have yet to accomplish like constructing "gingerbread" houses and going to to see the lights at Santa Land. We have never made the houses before - I have never been able to find a peanut free kit (and no way am I cool enough to bake my own). SO we made ours out of graham crackers. I did this with a class during student teaching and was reminded of it when I saw it on a friend's blog this year. The boys actually did most of the work themselves and we only had one collapse during construction. All they wanted to do was eat the houses, so for breakfast this morning they got their wish.


As you can also see, Ryan has become a big ham. He loves to make crazy faces and pose for the camera. He also loves to sing and seems to pick up every song we hear. Yesterday he was singing "Feez da-di-da. Feez-da-di-da!"
The artists



Ham and Cheese








Ryan's House



Reagan's House




No comments: